These elements are those of Perspective correction for converging lines, lens correction for distortion, colour correct (custom white balance). Also compositional considerations are equally important with creative uses of leading lines, repetition, rule of thirds, depth of field, abstract. symmetry etc etc..
The biggest issue that I encountered wit this work shop was the relatively long lens that I was using. Even on full frame the 22-70 still was not wide enough to capture the (full) building at the desired angle. I needed to move back too far or else when it came time to correcting the perspective, too much of the image was cropped and lost, especially the foreground. The other limitation I discovered was using a too early version of Photoshop (CS1). It doesn't not have any correction for lens distortion and its perspective adjustment was quite crude, leaving me to having to manually readjust the scale of each corrected image.
Repetition/Abstract
Abstract/Creative
Creative
Pre converge
Converge fix (photoshop).. Straightening of central lines and perspective and scale adjustment
Abstract/Lead in/creative
Abstract/symmetry/repetition
Converge correct...This image first presented itself as not needing perspective correction, but upon closer inspection revealed the that actual vertical lines needed attention. which was carried out. This problem is evident in a lot of the buildings that I shot, as contemporary architecture seems the favour non vertical outer lines
HDR converge correct
Repetition/lead in lines
Abstract/geometry/custom white balance
Converge fix
Abstract/colour corrected (custom white balance)
Abstract/repetition/geometric
Lead in lines/PC corrected/colour corrected
Creative light/polariser/lead in lines
From this workshop it was highlighted to me the importance and difference color and perspective correction does make to the final image. Needing to shoot whole buildings at dusk in winter is extremely problematic as its tricky to be at one with the structure when all you can think about is leaving it and going home.

















No comments:
Post a Comment